Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: super 8 film

  1. #1
    Inactive Member francisstokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2002
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I am interested in finding a cheap place to buy super 8 film stock. Any suggestions?

    The cheapest I know of is about $25 for super 8 B&W reversal and I think $35 for color, incl. processing.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    where do you live? outside the usa? if so, i can't help. but even yale lab sells film for less. the best place and cheapest is from kodak directly.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member francisstokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2002
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Really? That's the price from Super 8 Sound. I live in the LA area. I will look into prices from Yale Lab and Kodak. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Try Kodak for reversal. They are now selling Kodakchrome 40 for $13.31 and that includes a pre-paid envelope for processing. It's a new product, so remember to ask for the K-40 with the pre-paid mailer.

    If you go with negative, then Pro8 is about the only game in town or country.

    Scott

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Kodak sells Vision 200T, which is a negative film, in super8 cartridges. I paid $13.50 plus shipping. I think Yale will process it for $16. I'm hoping Roger can transfer it.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 22, 2002 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Actor ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In my opinion. You should avoid Super8Sound at all costs. Go to Kodak for film and CinePost in Atlanta for Xfers. Good Luck either way.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Actor:
    Kodak sells Vision 200T, which is a negative film, in super8 cartridges. I paid $13.50 plus shipping. I think Yale will process it for $16. I'm hoping Roger can transfer it.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi,

    Unfortunately, the low demand for neg transfers combined with the loss of a key piece of negative image processing equipment that failed means we no longer offer negative transfers. They looked pretty good but, frankly, keeping the neg clean was just a royal pain in the keester. Lots-o-white-specks. I considered trying to attenuate the situation but the effort and the expense of getting the equipment repaired/replaced just can't be justified, economically. Sorry. We are just concentrating on doing really nice reversal transfers at this point.

    Roger

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •